Terms and conditions
Blaze Community Games 2022
- The Blaze Community Games are open to David Lloyd Clubs members aged 14+.
- Your category of membership must include access to Blaze.
- Team members and guests may not enter.
How to enter
- You must enter as part of a team of three. If you enter as an individual, we will allocate you to a team. Members aged under 18 must enter a team together with a responsible adult.
- Club heats take place on four consecutive weekends starting 30th April 2022. You and your team will need to book one of the special Blaze Community Games sessions on the DL app.
- You can enter more than one heat subject to availability, but you may not enter as part of more than one team.
- Bookings for club heats will be taken on a first-come-first served basis in line with our booking terms.
- If you or any member of your team fails to attend, your entire team will be disqualified.
- Each heat will follow a similar format to a Blaze class.
- Your team score will be made up of the total distance run on the treadmill (one point per 10m), number of repetitions on strength and combat disciplines within three 3-minute intervals recorded by each team member.
- In addition, team members will also be awarded points for time spent in the Red Zone. You will accrue additional points for minutes spent up to and including 18 minutes. Any time spent above 18 minutes will result in ZERO additional points being awarded.
- Your MyZone Red Zone minutes will be taken from the summary tile at the end of the class, as shown on the screens in the studio. In the event of your summary tile is not displaying properly, the minutes spent in the red zone will be taken from your MyZone app. The instructor’s decision on minutes spent in the red and points awarded is final.
- You must wear your own MyZone® device. You should aim to achieve between 9 and 18 minutes in the “red” zone. Distance and repetitions recorded outside of this zone will not count towards your score. You should always exercise within your own limits.
- You must record your own results and hand them to the instructor at the end of the heat. Any team suspected of cheating will be disqualified. The instructor’s decision is final.
Finals and prizes
- The top 10 teams from all heats will be invited to take part in the finals at the Blaze Studio, Birmingham on Saturday 11th June 2022.
- We will provide free hotel accommodation on the evening of Friday 10th June 2022 (including breakfast) in central Birmingham for all finalists.
- Finalists will be contacted by email on or before 24th May 2022.
- The finals will be filmed. Finalists will be expected to give permission for their image to be used for promotional purposes.
- All finalists will receive a goodie bag.
- The winning team will receive in addition a cash prize of £250 each.
- The promoter is David Lloyd Leisure Limited, The Hangar, Mosquito Way, Hatfield AL10 9AX.