Outdoor tennis courts now open at selected clubs
We are pleased to announce that from Saturday 16th May, we started to open some outdoor tennis courts at selected clubs, with measures in place to ensure the safety of our members and team members is not compromised.
Outdoor tennis courts will be available for use at the following clubs:
From Saturday 16th May: Sunderland, Harrogate, Kings Hill, Enfield, Finchley, Northwood, Sudbury Hill, Hampton, Bushey, Cheam, Beckenham, Speke, Manchester North, Chorley, Cheadle, Hatfield, Newbury, Oxford, Solihull Cranmore, Coventry, Bromsgrove, Bristol Long Ashton, Farnham, Southampton, Woking and Poole.
From Wednesday 20th May: Lincoln, Manchester Trafford City, Peterborough, Southampton West End, West Bridgford, Purley, Cheshire Oaks, Bristol Westbury, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Teesside, Epsom, Hull, Sidcup, Raynes Park, Belfast and Leicester Narborough.
From Saturday 23rd May: Dudley, Royal Berkshire, Cambridge, Norwich, Heston, Ringwood, Southend, Eastbourne, Swindon, Basildon, Bolton, Knowsley and Warrington.
From Wednesday 27th May: Gidea Park, Acton Park, Exeter, Leeds
From Friday 29th May: Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh Corstorphine, Glasgow West End, Edinburgh Newhaven Harbour, Glasgow Renfrew and Glasgow Rouken Glen.
From Wednesday 3rd June: Kidbrooke Village and Worthing
From Monday 8th June: Colchester, Dartford and Beaconsfield
When using the tennis courts, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- All court bookings must be made via the mobile app.
- Use the mobile app to check which club and which courts are available. Please note, courts will only be bookable at certain times and availability corresponds with that shown on the mobile app.
- Book your court before turning up. You will not be able to turn up and play.
- Courts are available for members on platinum membership packages (or equivalent) that normally have access to racquets facilities.
- Sessions will last 1 hour, with 50 minutes on court and 10 minutes of turnaround time to ensure the safety of those entering and exiting the court.
- Maximum of 4 players per court, doubles is now permitted (only in England). Singles in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides on the net.
- Only adults members and children 14 and over will be allowed to play.
- We will not be offering group coaching until further notice.
- Please maintain social distancing, 2 meters at all times.
- Please don't shake hands or have any physical contact with other players.
- Bring your own equipment: racquets, marked balls etc.
- Arrive changed and ready to get on court as there are no changing facilities.
You can also still access daily workouts, advice and fun for all the family, delivered by our brilliant David Lloyd Club teams. The best way to stay in touch is to download our David Lloyd mobile app.
For full details regarding the current status of our clubs and your membership, please click here.