Stay safe, stay active
Keeping kids safe and active
Frequently Asked Questions - Kids
> DL Kids
Safety and cleaning
Are the changing rooms open?
Our changing rooms, including family changing, are available with measures in place to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures and social distancing. This includes:
- Some lockers have been taken out of use to create space between them.
- We’re displaying clear signage to indicate which facilities are and aren't available for use.
- We’re using stickers and floor markings to help members maintain the right distance from each other.
- To keep our youngest members safe, we’ve removed baby or toddler play pens from our changing rooms.
- Cleaning products are available for use in all changing rooms and have been positioned suitably above ground level to ensure children can't pick them up.
How are you keeping children apart?
When taking part in a DL Kids class, each child is shown to their own spot, which is clearly marked out on the floor and at least 2.5m away from the next spot. They’ll be given their own set of sanitised equipment and our DL Kids coaches will be on hand throughout to help.
How is equipment being kept clean?
Before each class, all the equipment needed is cleaned. Each box of equipment will only be used by one child during the class.
We are allowing at least 15 minutes between each class so that our team can thoroughly clean the equipment ahead of the next session.
What kids’ classes are you running?
We will be running a full breadth of DL Kids classes including Action Squad, Sports Squad and Scooter Squad sessions - all of which have been adapted so they can be done safely and with adequate social distancing.
Where are classes taking place?
Where possible we’re running our DL Kids classes in the usual DL Kids studios. We’re also using our sports halls, badminton and tennis courts, studios and outdoor areas to make sure that each child has enough space. Members can find details of each class location when booking through the mobile app.
What should my child bring to class?
We’ll provide all the equipment needed for each class, which will be sanitised at the start and end. Each child just needs to bring a water bottle and the appropriate clothing including sunscreen and waterproofs if necessary.
We’ll have labels and sanitised pens ready so that parents can add their child’s name to their water bottles.
Do I have to pre-book kids classes?
To keep everybody safe and help us manage capacity all members must pre-book their child’s space for every class via our mobile app. Find out more and download the app here
Will there be classes for children under 5?
Yes. We have now reintroduced a number of classes for 3-4 year olds, as well as Baby and me sessions for younger children.
Will adult classes still be scheduled at the same time as kids?
Yes, our hour-long DL Kids classes are running alongside our group exercise sessions so you can enjoy a workout of your own while the little ones let off some steam.
Are créche facilities open?
A number of our créche facilities reopened from 1st September 2020.
Are there any restrictions on créche bookings?
Créche is bookable for one hour, per day, per child. Should your child become unwell or display any symptoms of Covid-19, please don’t visit the club or book them into the creche.
We would also ask you not to bring prams or car seats to créche to help our team maintain a safe and spacious environment for you and your child.
What measures are in place to keep children safe when attending a créche session?
We have created some exciting new ways for your child to have maximum fun in a safe environment. We have removed certain toys such as sand, water trays and soft toys to help us to maintain a clean environment.
Team members will maintain social distancing at all times and wherever possible, there will be a consistent team working together in the créche. We have introduced extra breaks between each créche session, to allow the team time to sanitise all toys and to maintain a clean and safe environment.
If your child displays any signs of being unwell, we will contact you immediately and a member of the team will look after your child in a safe and secure area of the club.
Are swimming lessons running?
All stages of our All Stars programme are available, with limitations on class sizes and other minor changes in place.
Coaches are unable to have any direct physical contact with children during the lesson and are only able to teach from the poolside. Parents are asked to be in the water with their children during preschool and Level 1&2 classes.
We’re not able to allow parents to watch from the poolside – children should be dropped off and collected at the appointed time and place.
We’ve introduced a 5-minute period between lessons to allow for cleaning of all touchpoints ahead of the following lesson. See our swim FAQs for further information.
Are you offering children’s tennis lessons?
Yes, children's tennis lessons are available at clubs with tennis facilities. See our tennis FAQs for more information.
Soft play and playgrounds
Are the indoor soft play and the outdoor play areas open?
Our outdoor play areas and play frames are open. In line with new government regulations, we are now able to open our indoor soft play areas, too.
Will you be running Holiday Club?
Yes, we are running our popular Holiday Club programme. Each session will be 3 hours 55 mins. It’s a half day of pure fun for kids aged 5-11, including tennis lessons and sports coaching. Kids will develop their sports skills with daily tennis lessons and a different sport including athletics, football, basketball and hockey at every visit. We’ll also provide a fresh fruit smoothie, a piece of fruit and a cookie.
Our DL Kids instructors will be on hand to make sure that children don’t share equipment.
Holiday Club must be booked through our mobile app.
Holiday Club - Guidance for parents
Our DL Kids Holiday Club will be operating this summer however we have taken special measure to ensure everyone remains as safe as possible.
- We have reduced our holiday camp capacities at each club.
- We will be following a ratio of 1:8 however ratios will change in-line with any government guideline changes.
- Children will be placed into groups which will include a maximum of 8 children in each group.
- We ask that all children are signed into their group on arrival, this means if you have two children in different groups you will need to sign each child into the correct group. Our team will let you know which group your child is in on arrival.
- Children will remain socially distanced throughout.
- During the tennis sessions we will be following the LTA Guidance for socially distancing during tennis.
- Each child will have a box of equipment that only they will use throughout the session, all items will be sanitised before and after use.
- Children will be asked to wash/sanitise their hands after each activity session.
- We kindly ask that you do not attend holiday club if you/your children have and/or are displaying symptoms of COVID 19. No one should attend if they have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for or shown symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to attending.
- We recommend that families do not use public transport to travel to holiday club, we recommend walking, cycling, or using a private car.
- We kindly ask parents not to gather at the sign in stations and always remain socially distanced.
- Bookings can be made via the David Lloyd app or at the club reception. Bookings must be made in advance; we will not be able to accept children on the day who have not been booked in.
- An up to date Children’s information document must be completed prior to children attending.
- Children will be provided with a snack, this will consist of a fruit smoothie, a cookie, and a piece of fruit.
- Children will not be able to bring snacks with them, extra snacks can be purchased from the club room prior to sign in.
- Children’s snack breaks will be social distanced, and children will remain in their bubble with their allocated member of staff. Hand washing will take place before and after snack breaks.
Prior to attending holiday club, we kindly ask you to:
- Dress children in appropriate clothing and bring waterproof jackets with you. We will be playing outside unless the weather means it is un-safe for us to do so. Sun hats are also recommended.
- Bring a water bottle clearly labelled with the child’s name on.
- If required, please apply sunscreen to your child (ren) we will not be able to apply sun cream during holiday club, this will be the responsibility of the parent.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
If you're an existing member with a query, contact us here >
Interested in joining David Lloyd Clubs? Enquire now >
Stay safe, stay active
- We are closely following government guidelines and working with UKActive, and we will amend our procedures in line with any changes to regulations.
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell and let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- Help keep yourself safe by wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands frequently.
- Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club.
- Please bring your own towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Please keep social distancing in mind at all times, and leave plenty of space between yourself and other members.
- Download the David Lloyd mobile app - you'll need to use it to book all classes, courts and kids classes.
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices, but of course if you have feedback for us please directly contact us.