David Lloyd Clubs
Club reopening plans
The health and safety of our members and our teams is as always our top priority and we have taken a number of steps to ensure we are meeting your needs whilst operating within the Government’s guidelines surrounding hygiene and social distancing.
It is vital that every visitor to our Clubs, members and team members follow our terms and conditions whereby, to protect the safety of all members and team members you must pay particular attention to all signs relating to health and safety at our clubs. If you have any question about any notice or sign, please ask one of our team members at the club.
At this stage, we are able to open outdoor courts and have created a number of ways that our members can use them. To make this possible, there are a number of steps that we have taken and are taking to help you get the most out of your Club;
We know this is at the forefront of everyone’s thinking, including ours. We are following and, in many cases, exceeding all Public Health Scotland guidelines
- All cleaning is completed using a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, the product we use is certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds
- Comprehensive frequent cleaning of all outdoor touch points
You have told us how important this is to you and we know that maintaining social distancing rules is vital throughout your visit:
- Everyone must keep their distance from all other members and those not in your household. This includes keeping your distance from all of the Club team
- All tennis courts will need prior booking via the app only, you will not be able to just arrive on court.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available to use during each visit
- Posters and signage have been placed outdoors that should be adhered to
Team Member Safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including aprons, gloves and where applicable masks have been made available to team members to use
- Hand washing practises are monitored including washing hands thoroughly before our teams start work, as well as after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout their shift
- Social distancing rules apply to team members
- Covid-19 new ways of working has been shared with all Team Members
To help us and each other further, we have some temporary measures in place that we expect to change over the coming weeks and will keep you all posted, but in the meantime:
- All Clubs in Scotland are for 14+ only at this point in time, until further notice
- No guests will be allowed in until further notice - all guest passes due to expire will be extended to Dec 2020 and we will review this further if needed
Whilst we are excited to be re-opening, we know that everyone still has a responsibility to stay alert to stay healthy, so we ask every member, team member and visitor to:
- Not visit the Club if you feel at all unwell
- To wash your hands frequently both before and after your visit
- Do not remove any cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club – these are vital in keeping the Club safe and open
- To please be patient and polite under these exceptional circumstances
- Observe all notices – these will update regularly going forward.
When using the tennis courts, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- All court bookings must be made via the mobile app.
- Use the mobile app to check which club and which courts are available. Please note, courts will only be bookable at certain times and availability corresponds with that shown on the mobile app.
- Book your court before turning up. You will not be able to turn up and play.
- Courts are available for members on platinum membership packages (or equivalent) that normally have access to racquets facilities.
- Sessions will last 1 hour, with 50 minutes on court and 10 minutes of turnaround time to ensure the safety of those entering and exiting the court.
- Two players per court, doubles is not permitted.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides on the net.
- Only adults members and children 14 and over will be allowed to play.
- Please maintain social distancing, 2 meters at all times.
- Bring your own equipment: racquets, marked balls etc.
- Arrive changed and ready to get on court as there are no changing facilities.
You can also still access daily workouts, advice and fun for all the family, delivered by our brilliant David Lloyd Club teams. The best way to stay in touch is to download our David Lloyd mobile app.
We have always been very proud of the close relationship we have with our members and the notes of support we have received over the last few months has been amazing, thank you!
It would be fair to say that no one could have been prepared for the adjustments that we have all needed to make, but we are confident that together we can make the journey back to using your Club to help you to stay active and healthy a positive one.