And the kids are already restless
School's out for summer
It’s only a week or two into the summer holidays and the children’s cries of ‘I’m bored’ may already be driving parents mad. But the answer may be just around the corner. The UK’s leading health and fitness group David Lloyd Clubs has a whole range of ideas and activities to keep all the family entertained and burn off all that excess energy under one roof. With 98 clubs across the UK, it is offering a two week trial for £14 per person* .Families can also sign up for a three month membership** so the whole of the long summer holidays are sorted.
Say hello to summer holidays spent lazing on a lounger with a page-turner whilst the kids splash about in the heated outdoor pool – quite possibly the only place to safely cool down with a dip in the sunshine or rain (if braving it) for miles.
Most kids love nothing more than splashing around in the pool all day. All David Lloyd Clubs have indoor swimming pools with 80 of them offering outdoor pools, so the children can have a splash whatever the British weather brings.
Time will fly with David Lloyd Clubs’ Holiday Active programme. Children can join in for full and half days, or a special workshop. Sessions include, sports, arts & crafts, playground games and much more. The sessions are structured plans designed around the national curriculum and lunch provided too.
Families are invited to relax, have fun and all enjoy some quality time together with everything covered. A day spent in a club offers plenty of choice – swimming, tennis, dining in the DLicious cafebar while the kids climb around the play frame or use the free iPads, then a visit the spa or a group class while the children are kept busy.
The clubs also have busy calendars of social events, ranging from kids entertainers to social evenings and coffee mornings, so there’s never a dull moment.
All work. And some play too.
Just because school’s out, doesn’t mean work is for mum and dad. David Lloyd Clubs offer the ideal flexible working solution allowing kids to play while mum and dad work.
Whilst the kids are being kept busy, parents will enjoy the peace of the adult only lounges to work or enjoy some me-time, situated within the DLicious cafebars. This area of the clubs offer the ideal meeting place, whether with friends for a coffee, a drink, or some quality family time. With high quality, fresh ingredients, the menu has a balanced choice of meals and snacks that are ideal for a healthy, active lifestyle. It includes low-calorie dishes, power food that’s perfect after a workout, a kids menu and some tempting treats.
For more information about a three month membership or a 14 day trial please visit www.davidlloyd.co.uk
Notes to Editors
*The 14 day trial starts on 1 August 2017. This offer will be available in selected UK David Lloyd Clubs. The trial will also be available in Europe excluding Antwerp and Brussels.
Terms and Conditions
- Offer is only available to non-members from 1st August 2017
- The trial is for a period of 14 days, 14 days must be taken consecutively.
- 14 day trial price is £14.
- Trial is only valid until 31st August. Any days not taken by 31st August for UK will be forfeited.
- All trials must start by 16th August.
- Facilities, fees and classes vary per club.
- Offer is not transferable between clubs and is valid in participating David Lloyd Clubs only.
- Offer is not available at Harbour Clubs Chelsea, Kensington and Notting Hill, David Lloyd Colchester, Rouken Glen, Aberdeen, Beckenham, Cardiff, Dundee, Edinburgh, Newhaven Harbour, Epsom, Renfrew, Glasgow West End, Kidbrooke Village, Raynes Park, Solihull South, Birmingham and Solihull Cranmore.
- 14 day trial at Farnham excludes access to Amida Spa.
- Only one 14 day trial may be taken per person.
- Certain activities incur additional fees.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- You use the club facilities at your own risk
**Monthly rolling contract after a 3 month initial commitment
For further information about this press release contact the David Lloyd Leisure press office on 01707 289833/4 or email [email protected].
About David Lloyd Leisure Group
Including The Academy Harrogate and Malaspina, the David Lloyd Leisure Group has 111 clubs - 98 clubs in the UK and a further 13 clubs across Europe, comprising its two brands David Lloyd Clubs and Harbour Clubs (of which there are three - Chelsea, Notting Hill and Kensington).
- On 1 June 2017 it acquired 14 UK health and racquets clubs from Virgin Active as well as opened its third Harbour Club at Kensington following a £5.5m investment and redevelopment programme. It also announced it had exchanged contracts to buy The Park Club in Chiswick, London and The Academy Club in Harrogate.
- It has approximately 570,000 members and employs around 8100 people. This includes an expert health and fitness team of over 2000 while it contracts the services of more than 680 tennis professionals.
- Across all clubs, David Lloyd Leisure has over 180 swimming pools (of which half are indoor) and offers over 13,000 exercise classes per week.
- Every week over 25,000 children learn to swim at David Lloyd Leisure, 16000 children learn to play in the Tennis All Stars Coaching Programme.
- David Lloyd Club’s racquets facilities are unparalleled with over 1000 tennis courts as well as over 400 badminton and squash courts.
- Additional facilities include health and beauty spas, club lounges with free internet access, crèches, nurseries and specialist sports shops.
1DAVID LLOYD LEISURE ACQUIRES THE CITY GREEN SPORTS AND HEALTH CLUB, GENEVA AS IT CONTINUES ITS EUROPEAN EXPANSIONDavid Lloyd Leisure (DLL), Europe’s leading health and fitness group, today announces that it has exchanged contracts to acquire the City Green Sport and Health Club, near Geneva.
2Is your workout programme so-last-year?Fitness has never been so fashionable, and working out has definitely been the new going out in 2017. But does your exercise programme need a New Year overhaul? Elaine Denton, fitness manager from David Lloyd Clubs, reveals the UK’s leading health groups’ predictions for 2018.
3Santas get ‘chimney-fit’ for Christmas at new David Lloyd HarrogateOn a mission to get ‘chimney-ready’ for 24 December, the UK’s top Father Christmases have been put through their paces in a specially devised ‘Santa Boot Camp’ work out .