DAVID LLOYD CLUBS BLAZES A TRAIL IN FAMILY FITNESS
- Following a successful trial, David Lloyd Clubs will be rolling out its family class ‘BLAZE REBELS’ to more clubs.
- Boutique-style HIIT (high-intensity interval training) in a dedicated hi-tech studio for children aged 8+ accompanied by an adult.
- BLAZE REBELS further adds to the range of classes and facilities for children 8+ to enjoy with their parents or guardians
After a successful trial last year, BLAZE REBELS; a fun and dynamic workout for families, is now rolling out to 66 David Lloyd Clubs around the UK and internationally, with more launches to follow in 2023. BLAZE REBELS sessions offer
Inspired by David Lloyd Clubs’ popular signature class BLAZE; BLAZE REBELS see children aged 8+ joining the grown-ups in David Lloyd Clubs’ uniquely designed studios for a carefully programmed, energy-burning 35-minute group exercise session. Introducing children to something a little different like HIIT could spark an interest in fitness, and in turn make exercise a lifelong passion.
Each class features a series of short bursts of activity to get the heart pumping, combining mixed martial arts with cardio and strength training. Activities are based at one of three stations: a Woodway treadmill, a bespoke weight bench, and a suspended light punchbag. Participants will spend three minutes in a zone before moving on to the next one, completing the entire circuit twice.
Commenting on the roll out, Michelle Dand, Group Head of Fitness Products and Programming, David Lloyd Leisure said: “BLAZE REBELS proved to be a big success with families looking to find fun and energetic ways to exercise together, so we are incredibly excited to now be rolling it out across so many of our clubs. Our energetic and fun classes have been carefully choreographed to ensure children can safely enjoy the benefits of HIIT training; improved cardiovascular health, improved strength and stamina and associated mental wellbeing. Not only will families be able to have fun together, but we hope that for many children, this will be the start of some healthy fitness habits for life!”
Every session starts with a warmup followed by two rotations through the workout zones and a cool down to finish up. The three different workout zones are:
- Cardio zone: Running and walking at various speeds and inclines on Woodway curve treadmills.
- Strength zone: A range of different weight exercises at a bespoke weight bench to work for different muscle groups. Lighter weights and lighter sandbells are used.
- Combat zone: You’ll punch, kick and grapple with a lighter punch bag and weighted core sandbags. Using MyZone technology, participants can track their workout on the studio’s interactive screen as they go, which is great for keeping the kids engaged and striving towards giving their best in each session.
BLAZE REBELS is the latest way that kids can work out with their parents or guardians. Battlebox Play is another dynamic workout class that is suitable for children aged eight and above, it is an outdoor, boot camp-style class that encourages the family to use speed, agility, and balance to succeed. Children above the age of ten can use the gym facilities accompanied by an adult once they’ve completed an induction.
David Lloyd Clubs also provide tennis, badminton, and swimming facilities for the whole family to enjoy. The family-friendly approach gives you the opportunity to be together whilst staying healthy and active.
For more information visit www.davidlloyd.co.uk
Note to Editors:
- Images available on request
- BLAZE REBELS will be rolling out to the following clubs in October 2022 - Woking, Farnham, Aberdeen, Epsom, Purley, Narborough, Beckenham, Chorley, Manchester North, Basildon, Southend, Glasgow West End, Hamilton, Oxford, Chigwell, Basildon, Bushey, Enfield, Hatfield, Swindon Coventry, Bromsgrove, Kingston, Raynes Park, Hampton, Cambridge, Ipswich, Eastbourne, Worthing, Belfast, Leeds, York, Kensington, Acton Park, Chelsea, Finchley, Birmingham, Dudley, Derby, Fulham, Bristol Long Ashton, Bristol Westbury, Bristol Emersons Green, Port Solent, Southampton, Knowsley, Speke, Cardiff, Teesside, Sudbury Hill, Bad Homburg , Geneva City Green, Amsterdam and Barcelona. BLAZE REBELS will continue to launch across David Lloyd Clubs in 2023.
About David Lloyd Leisure Group:
David Lloyd Leisure helps members to live life better with a focus on physical and mental well-being and a sense of belonging. Our team and members collaborate to make a positive impact on the communities and environment in which we all want to thrive.
We are Europe’s largest health and fitness group operating 130 clubs - 101 clubs in the UK and a further 29 clubs across mainland Europe, comprising three brands David Lloyd Clubs, Harbour Clubs, and Meridian Spa and Fitness in Germany. We continually innovate to offer the best products and services for families and individuals in welcoming surroundings including state-of-the-art gyms, heated indoor and outdoor pools, top-class racquet facilities, well-equipped group exercise studios, luxurious spas, kids club facilities, and crèches. Our Clubrooms offer a place to spend time with friends and family or enjoy a bite to eat, our clubs also feature large and inviting spaces to work, relax and socialise. Our 710,000 members and over 10,000 team members make a positive impact on the communities and environment in which we operate. We have an expert health and fitness team of over 2000 and more than 680 tennis professionals work with us. David Lloyd Clubs’ racquet facilities are unparalleled with over 1080 tennis courts as well as over 400 badminton and squash courts.
1BBC CHILDREN IN NEED PARTNERS WITH DAVID LLOYD CLUBS AND ENCOURAGES THE NATION TO TAKE ON THE PUDSEY BEARPEE CHALLENGE
2COMER HOMES AND DAVID LLOYD PLAN TO DELIVER WORLD-CLASS HEALTH RESORT AT NEWLAND PARK
3Construction Work of the new David Lloyd Bury St Edmunds to start at the Marham Park development in Suffolk