Membership Card in Apple Wallet - FAQs
We are currently trialling making membership cards available in your Apple Wallet at a select number of Clubs to make sure we make it perfect before all Clubs can offer this exciting new feature!
1. If I put my membership card in Apple Wallet, what does that mean?
Changing from a physical plastic membership card to a digital membership card accessed via Apple Wallet will mean that you can get through the entry gates at reception and the exit barrier in the car park by tapping your iPhone or Apple Watch, rather than your physical card.
Simply tap your device on the card reader where you would normally tap your membership card.
If you are on a membership package where you receive a discount in The Clubroom, you will need to download the David Lloyd Clubs @table app where you can place your order and receive your discount. See question number 3 for more details.
2. How do I add my membership card to Apple Wallet?
You will receive two emails after you have joined David Lloyd. One will be the welcome email and 24 hours later, you will receive an email all about your membership card in Apple Wallet.
To add your membership card to Apple Wallet:
- Open either the welcome email or membership card in Apple Wallet email on your iPhone
- Click the ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ button
- Click ‘Add’ on the top right-hand corner where it shows your membership card
- Your membership card has now been added to your Apple Wallet
3. How do I use my membership card in Apple Wallet?
Once you’ve added your digital card to Apple Wallet, using your iPhone or Apple Watch you should follow these steps as you arrive at the Club reception or the car park exit barrier:
- Tap the David Lloyd Apple Wallet notification on your screen
- Tap your iPhone/Apple Watch on the gate reader where you’d normally tap your membership card
- You’re in! Enjoy the Club.
4. If I’m a Platinum member, how do I get my 10% discount on food & beverage?
We’re working on giving you the ability to get your discount in The Clubroom by using your membership card in your Apple Wallet.
In the meantime, or alternatively, you can download our table service app, David Lloyd Clubs @table, where you can order food & drink and have it delivered to your table or prepared for you to grab and go when you are ready to collect it. If you are eligible for a 10% discount, this will be applied when using the @table app.
5. Can I access other David Lloyd Clubs with my membership card in Apple Wallet?
We are currently trialing making membership cards available in your Apple Wallet at a select number of Clubs to make sure we make it perfect before all Clubs can offer this exciting new feature!
Therefore, if you would like to attend another club, please speak to staff at reception upon arrival and have your membership number to hand (you can find this in the David Lloyd Clubs app by clicking on the navigation in the top left and you’ll see it under your name at the top).
6. I’ve accidently removed my membership card from Apple Wallet, how can I get it back?
Not to worry, please email [email protected] with your membership number and full name and we will email you with another invite to add it again.
7. I’m getting an error as I try to add my membership card to Apple Wallet, what should I do?
Please contact [email protected] with details of the issue, including screenshots where possible. We will try our best to get this resolved for you ASAP.
8. If I’m on a membership that allows Spa access, does my membership card in Apple Wallet work to give me access to the spa?
No, currently this is not available. You will need to speak to the reception at the Club who will issue you with a temporary membership card or wristband, which will give you access to the spa.
9. What devices will my membership card in Apple Wallet work on?
Membership card in Apple Wallet will work on iPhone 6 and later, and watchOS 4 and later.
10. Can I add my children’s card to both mine and my partner's Apple Wallet?
At the moment, childrens’ membership cards can only be added to one Apple Wallet. The links which are sent in the email are one time use only and can only be used on one Apple ID.
11. I don’t want to have my membership card in Apple Wallet anymore, can I go back to having a plastic membership card?
Yes, if you speak to the reception team at your Club, they will issue you a plastic card. Please note, once a plastic card is activated, your membership card in Apple Wallet will no longer work.
12. Can I use both my membership card in Apple Wallet and a plastic membership card at the same time?
You can only use your membership card in Apple Wallet OR a plastic membership card. You cannot use both.
13. How can my associate add their membership card to their Apple Wallet, if only I received the email?
Once you receive the welcome email, you can forward the email directly to your associates, where they can click on their button to add their membership card to Apple Wallet.
14. My Membership card in Apple Wallet is not letting me access the club, what should I do?
Please speak to the reception team at the Club who will be able to help.
15. Who can I speak to if I have any feedback?
Please email [email protected] with any feedback you may have.